When resident Joy was first considering to Yarra Rossa, one of the factors that helped sway her decision was BaptistCare’s trustworthy reputation. It’s a sentiment we hear often. With almost 80 years of experience, BaptistCare is well-known for being one of Australia’s most respected Christian care providers, which is why the organisation offers a Living Well Promise. Here’s what that extra level of care and security means for you:
- Capped fees – Many of you may have heard about an exit fee payable when you leave a retirement village. At Yarra Rossa, this exit fee, or deferred management fee, is determined at the time of purchase. This means you’ll know upfront exactly what you’ll be left with when you leave the village. We guarantee this fee will not be impacted by any capital loss should the market decline.
- Peace of mind guarantee – While we’re confident you’ll love Yarra Rossa, we also know circumstances can change. If you choose to leave the village within 90 days of moving in we will waive the exit fee and refund your payment in full. All you’ll have to pay is fair market rent for the time of your residence.
- Repayment promise – When you leave the village, we guarantee your payout within 14 days of your unit being resold or reoccupied. We promise that even if it remains unoccupied, you’ll get a refund within six months of leaving – and recurrent fees stop 42 days after you leave. You also don’t have to repair fair wear and tear, nor will you be charged reselling fees.
- Financial security – Unlike residential apartments you’ll never have to pay a special levy at Yarra Rossa. You simply need to pay your recurrent fees - an amount which the residents and village management agree on each year. If there are any major works required such as roof replacement or a driveway repair, BaptistCare will pay for this.
- Access funds for care – There’s a long wait for a government-subsidised home care package, but you can draw down funds from the entry payment on your apartment to pay for home services while you wait.
- Priority access to care – If your care needs change and you need to move into a BaptistCare residential aged care centre, you’ll get a 10% reduction in the accommodation bond and your refund from the retirement village will be processed within 7 days.
*Terms and conditions apply.